Make an Appoinment
Below you will find helpful links and resources that will guide you through the process of becoming a patient at Southeastern Spine and Joint. First, Schedule an Appointment, then click through each of the links below for more info.
Preparing for your visit
Please bring the following when you visit Southeastern Spine and Joint for your first appointment:
- Completed New Patient Information Form and additional paperwork from the list below
- Your Insurance Card
- Co-payment (if required by insurance). We accept cash, major credit cards or personal check.
- Referral paperwork (if required by your insurance).
- Medical records and imaging reports, x-rays, and/or disc with imaging pertaining to your treatment from other health care providers (if you have them).
New Patient Filing Workers Comp or Auto Accident Forms:
- Injury Patient Information Form
- Auto Accident Attorney Letter of Protection
- Personal Injury Insurance Filing Selection Notice
Please review these important notices:
- HIPAA Notice – This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
- Nondiscrimination Statement
Southeastern Spine and Joint will provide a thorough evaluation based on your symptoms, conditions and medical history. Bringing this information to your first appointment ensures that we can provide the best possible service during your first consultation.
Southeastern Spine and Joint is conveniently located at 281 N. Lyerly Street, Suite 300. Get Directions
Preparing for surgery
Please note that these are general guidelines meant to help you with any questions you may have prior to your surgery. Please contact Southeastern Spine and Joint at 423.693.2175 with any questions prior to surgery.
Continue your current level of physical activity if possible.
Please notify your physician if you object to receiving blood products during your surgery.
Any dental work should be completed at least four weeks prior to your surgery, or should be completed at least six months after your surgery at Southeastern Spine and Joint. Please contact Southeastern Spine and Joint if you have a dental emergency that falls within the time frame above.
Eat three balanced meals per day, including protein and calcium rich foods. Avoid high-sugar foods. Drink lots of fluids and add ample amounts of fruits and vegetables into your diet.
Prior to your surgery, please complete an annual pap smear and mammogram.
It’s important that you are at maximum health before major surgery. Always report any symptoms of illness such as temperature, cough, urinary infections, etc. to Southeastern Spine and Joint.
Avoid NSAIDS, such as ibuprofen, Mobic, Celebrex, Naproxen, Advil, Motrin and Aleve. Also avoid blood thinners, such as Xarelto, Coumadin, Eliquis, aspirin and Plavix. Tylenol is acceptable. No herbal supplements 30 days prior to surgery.